Monday, August 20, 2007

Pre-Marital Hand-Holding

Friday I don't seem to have done anything. Erin came over early because she needed her dress modified before a high school friend's wedding on Sunday. I started making a hat.

Saturday I finished my hat, but I won't post pictures until I finish the accompanying piece, which should be tomorrow. We rented The Prestige, which also happened to be the featured movie on IMDb.

Yesterday I helped Dad with some pamphlet thing for a few hours, then he took a nap, then we worked on it again, then there was this whole issue with printing it out, which meant that mom stole the computer for an hour and a half, leaving me to crochet and talk to Mikhael on speakerphone in my room.

Today Dad stayed home for whatever reason, so after he worked on whatever for a while (including an hour to check his email, because he type with his middle fingers) and I crocheted with a cat on my lap, we decided that we were both starving and went for lunch, where I drank an entire pot of tea. We decided that we were in no hurry to go home, and thought up a bunch of errands. We went to Costco (which was packed, for some reason) to buy contacts, Save On for margarine, which we then returned because we didn't have our card and we could have saved fifty percent, Staples, for eight and a half by fourteen paper and a cash box for Dad's office, Safeway, for margarine, that we didn't return, and we managed to save a couple dollars, Langley Farms Market for whatever we felt we needed, then home. I crocheted nearly the entire time.

Mom emailed Erin about the wedding today:

Mom: How did it go? Did you leave them all breathless in your designer dress?

Erin: Of course I did. Actually Jessica's highschool friends table was probably the best dressed, overall.

As far as the wedding goes, the ceremony itself was pretty short, but after that things started running behind schedule. They took an extra hour and a half for pictures than was originally planned while everyone just sat around the tables without any sort of drinks, appetizers or entertainment. After that, there was an hour of speeches and baby stories and an hour of watching the wedding party play trivia games that we weren't allowed to take part in. Dinner was served three hours late and then we had to watch a twenty minute long re-enactment of Jessica and Steve's first date acted out with Transformers action figures.

Two tables were gone before the cake was cut. Our entire table left early and went to a party because Devon's back for one day.


Abby: . . .

The way I see it, is if you have been living together for three years already, and have a one year-old son, doing all of this is kind of stupid and redundant. Especially the stagette. Honestly.

Post a Comment

<< Home