Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Yay! A frilly skirt!

Okay, so we never made it to visit the family. The van just happened to break down about a block and a half away from our house. Nevertheless, we were planning to make a detour to Save-On Foods anyways, so we just walked the rest of the way there. I can't remember why we went there, only that at the return...place...there was this total grungey, typical Maple Ridgian guy there with his daughter, who looked to be around twelve, who was yelling at the woman behind the counter and gesturing at a doll house. Nothing exciting there. We did whatever at Save-On, then mom suggested Starbucks, which we all enthusiastically agreed to.

At Starbucks we called a tow truck, but because they said that it would take them an hour to get there, we decided to explore the "mall" we were in (it can hardly be considered a mall) and finally found ourselves at London Drugs. Mom and Dad ended up buying a camera, which made me a little upset, because it's a Nikon CoolPics L1, just came out a few weeks ago, better than mine sort of camera, and I know that in six months, I have used my camera more than they will ever use theirs. While they were buying it I gazed longingly at the Olympus Stylus 600, which is the next one up from my camera. It's basically the same, but it's six megapixs as opposed to my five, has twenty-six settings, as opposed to my twenty, and it's slightly thinner. The worst thing, however, is that my parents' camera, although better was over a hundred dollars cheaper than mine even without the boxing day sale price, and they got a five hundred twelve MegaByte memory card on sale for forty-eight dollars, less twenty percent. I bought mine for one hundred, less ten percent.

I finally got a microphone for my computer. Mom's been promising me one for almost a year.

We walked back to our van and waited for the tow truck. When it came we directed it to a nearby autoshop (there are about five within a two block radius of our home; I'm not kidding) and started walking home. Erin upset me with comments about my cat, so I borrowed mom's keys and walked home, leaving everyone else to wait for the tow truck to arrive. When I got home I installed all the new software...and that's it.

Today my parents decided that Erin and I needed a bit of fresh air. I was all dressed up in my new green corduroy peacoat and black corduroy paperboy hat. They dragged us to the other nearby mall (the one across the street from the first one) where they have a Zellers. I got a lot of stares in the mall because apparently I was dressed weirdly, including this really short guy who seemed to be in his thirties, who walked in front of us for a few minutes, but kept on looking back at me (I'd love to see him walk into PMSS, he'd probably have a heartattack). At Zellers we bought coathangers. Yes, coathangers. Apparently that was the whole point of our little excursion. We decided to check out the rest of the mall, even though I have already done that. We went to Black Bond books, and although I saw many books that I would like, including the new Stuart McLean that we didn't buy when we went to see him a few weeks ago, but nobody listened to me. We checked out a few of the clothing stores, but didn't buy anything.

I'm going to go play cards now. Goodbye.
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Katie, if you bothered to pay attention to my blog at all, and I don't know why you even visit it because you certainly don't, you would see that those "highlighted" words are links to other posts.

12:35 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

That's wonderful, dear.

12:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home