Monday, March 20, 2006

Karma?

Nearly three years ago, in July 2003, a girl arrived at Vancouver International Airport, fresh from a ten-day long camping trip in St. Martins, New Brunswick. After a rather happy reunion with her parents and some unfortunate news from the week before, the family walked out to their waiting vehicle, the girl's father pushing her luggage on a cart. As they neared their vehicle, the girl's mother noticed a cart sitting in the middle of the parking lot with a small bag on it. Upon looking in the bag, she found a return ticket to Germany. The family took it home with them.

The next day at work, the girl's mother looked up the name and found that the person whom the ticket belonged to had relatives in Vancouver. She called them and the next day, a seventeen year old boy and his uncle arrived at her workplace to claim the ticket. Coincidentally, the boy's father was an architect back home in Germany, so the girl's mother not only gave him the bag containing the ticket, but an official Architectural Institute bag and the latest Architectural Digest.

Now Nearly three years later, the girl's mother arrived at her workplace to find a large box of chocolates on her desk and a note that said:

Dear Mrs. Carla Brown

I'm not sure if you remember me...

I came to Vancouver in summer 2003 to visit my relatives. Unfortunately I lost my return ticket back to Germany at the Airport. Luckily you found it and returned it, which I'm very thankfull for.
In 2004 I came back to Vancouver for a short visit. I brouche a bottle of vine with me to give it to you. But when I came to see you, a big crew was shooting a movie here in your office.
2 1/2 month ago I moved to Vancouver. I'm working here with mentaly disabled people as part of my military service. Today I droped by here to give you a little something ... but you weren't in again...! I'll try again sometime but might call in in advance.

Best Regards

David


I feel that good things are going to happen soon.
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

I think we should all hang out sometime soon. At Katie's house. I'm free any day but this Saturday.

7:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home