Monday, July 03, 2006

"Dan hates me." "But Mia, you love riding Dan."

I'm not sure what I did yesterday. . . . IKEA. Love IKEA. I have a reading light again, yay. My daddy attacked me with a flyswatter.

Stayed the night at my sister's apartment.

I woke up early this morning, to go for a run. I don't like running after eight in the summer because it gets too hot out. At six-thirty however, it is just pleasantly warm and there is barely anybody on the trails. Afterwards I showered, changed and made myself some breakfast, then wandered over to the Boathouse for some sailing.

Sailing was lovely. In the morning Mia and I got to know the Bronze sailors, then I went on a quest to find my sandals and Mia's sunglasses, because a certain instructor named Matt had moved them, then helped people rig boats and sat in on some theory.

After a quick lunch, we actually went sailing. I spent the first half of the afternoon in Big Red with Ana, then I switched with Mia and became the extra weight for a couple really light people in a 420. The boy, Ian, he skippered the whole time, him and I talked the whole time. He goes to Moody Middle and lives in Anmore, so we know a lot of the same people. We headed in and I helped people de-rig, then in the shade of the shed, Alexis, Greg, Mia, Michael, Paula and I congregated and talked, then we wandered over to where Falacci was looking very bored and rejoiced in the fact that nobody mistook Paula and Falacci as sisters for the first time ever. We made the sailors take the boats up, then we washed and flushed them. After Max made up fill out our volunteer sheets, we ran away and bought slurpees, then I went back to my sister's apartment, made dinner and read part of Dame Edna's autobiography. Yes, after six months, I have finally taken it up again, and I am almost half way through. Remember all of those questions that were asked on the front inside flap? I have found the answers to most of them, and they aren't that exciting.

My face is so burnt right now. I need to find my bandana again.

Post a Comment

<< Home