Sunday, December 10, 2006

Lobster With Wings

The past week has been fairly uneventful; I've just been busy with homework and extra choir practices. I don't remember much about it, nor does my journal say much, although it does tell me that I spent way too much time drawing the profiles of pigs.

This weekend was more interesting; Erin and were dropped off at Coquitlam Centre while mom and dad went to IKEA to buy a Christmas tree. We did some Christmas shopping and some shopping for ourselves (six shirts for thirty dollars! And penguin bras :) ). After we had wandered around for a few hours, the parents arrived and we lined up to get our pictures taken with Santa, as we do every year. We were going to do it in the morning, but we had to wait until later for certain reasons, meaning Joel was working and he could give us extra pictures.

We ate a quick dinner at the food court, then rushed off to PoMo.

At the Inlet Theatre, I was late for warmup, though, in my defense,, nobody told me that I was supposed to be warming up on stage.

Performed Sleigh Ride and Calypso Carol, then we were off until the finale, where we sang Hallelujah with the string orchestra and community band. There wasn't enough room for all of us, so the choir got to sing in the back of the theatre for that song. During our downtime, I discussed immigration with Diana.

Slept over at Erin's just so we could watch a foreign film, we chose Hawaii, Oslo, then we watched two episodes of Saturday Night Live, the current one and the older one that came right after, which happened to be the last one of the twentieth century. Went to bed afterwards, around two-thirty.

Woke up around ten and read for a while, then when Erin got up we made a joined effort at breakfast, I scrambled the extra cheesy eggs that I am becoming famous for in my family and Erin made the hash browns out of some old potatoes that she found in her fridge. We left soon after that for the theatre.

At the theatre I met up with Megan, and after discovering that the library didn't open until one, we walked to Starbucks and discussed our French oral on the way.

Once again I was late for warm up. I really wish people would tell me these things.

Concert the same as yesterday, only this time instead of talking to Diana during our downtime, a few of us huddled around a TV ( and I mean huddled; we had to keep the volume low because we were underneath the stage) and watched part of School of Rock.

Mikhael filmed all of the choir numbers for me on my camera, as well as taking a few pictures of Megan, Katie, Krisha and Denis. Here is Hallelujah. You can vaguely hear the choir in the back, but due to acoustics, we weren't as loud as we could have been. If you hear one soprano over the others, that's probably me.



After, Erin and I spent a couple hours at the library until it closed, and then we were picked up by the parents. We went for dinner, and then we went to a concert at some local church that was being put on by the Langley Ukulele Orchestra, or whatever it was called. It wasn't too bad, actually, though I was incredibly tired of music concerts (only one more. Only one more and then I'm done for the year). The conductor had so much energy, even more than Ms Gaye in her "fake it 'till you make it" mode.

No pictures this year. Last year was better.

Post a Comment

<< Home