Thursday, August 16, 2007

Worms and Coffee

Oh poor neglected blog. I'm sorry.

Sunday we went to see Romeo and Juliet at Bard on the Beach. It was pretty good, despite it being tied with Midsummer Night's Dream as my least favourite. During intermission we were eating ice cream, and I recycled our boxes, despite their being no ice cream box recycling receptacles anymore, by putting it on top of a drinks recycling bin, and I actually started something. People started recycling too. Of course, the majority of people are still asshats and threw theirs out, and so every time it happened I plucked it out of the garbage, tsking while they were still standing there, and recycled it. To reward my wonderful behavior, mom bought me an early Christmas present, but I don't get it until Christmas.

Here is the fruit of my labour:



We had dinner at Anton's, where we beat the lineup by minutes. Literally. I'm still not finished my leftovers.

Monday I wore a dress for no particular reason, because it's not like I left the house or anything. I have gotten rid of most of my summer flab. Thank god.

I had work Tuesday morning. It was pretty dead, but the few people I did help told the cashier that I was incredibly helpful and nice. Really, I had nothing better to do than follow women around and re-hang pants. I got a gummi worm for my efforts from Colin.

When I got home I set to work making pirate-themed cupcakes fora tea party. I was in a bit of a hurry, so my decorating was...shit, but they tasted fine, so whatever. I had a hunch that something was up when I called Mia and she wasn't home, so I called Mom and she told me to wait around and call later, and she'd drive me to Poco when she got home from work. Meanwhile Mikhael stopped by to drop of the book that was essential to the research for my extended essay, so I gave him two cupcakes and a glass of milk, then sent him home. As for the party, I was right; I called Mia a little later and she told me that it had been postponed, and sorry that nobody remembered to call or text me. That's what I get for being out of the loop. Oh well, more cupcakes for me. I'm even eating the ones with the grog-flavoured mints, because they don't really taste like rum.

Yesterday I didn't do much, though I did finish House of the Spirits, which means I'm finished the IB 12 reading list. Damn straight. I also came across this and decided that I wanted to help. I'll be sending off some squares in a few days.

Today I spent most of my awake time wandering around my house in booty shorts, a sports bra and a sweater (the living room curtains were open), alternating between extended essay research, LiveJournal and doing core to The Shopping Bags. And eating peas. Peas in pods. In the eveningish Mom and I switched roles for a while; she spent time on the computer and I cooked dinner. We both watched So You Think You Can Dance. I'm happy Sabra won, though it could have been any of them this year, but I'm still bitter about Pasha. The tiniest tiniest bit of me died inside when the cute Russian was voted off. Mikhael had this to say:

Soft Core Surrealism says: nobody i want to win ever wins :'(
*-_Mikhael_-* says: (k)
*-_Mikhael_-* says: ill win for you ok
*-_Mikhael_-* says: next time they have tryouts
*-_Mikhael_-* says: ill audition
*-_Mikhael_-* says: and even if i cant dance, ill win everyone over with my awesomeness
*-_Mikhael_-* says: they will all vote for me ok
*-_Mikhael_-* says: (k)
Soft Core Surrealism says: okay
*-_Mikhael_-* says: and u can want me to win
*-_Mikhael_-* says: caz i will
*-_Mikhael_-* says: just for you ok
Soft Core Surrealism says: okay

It just goes to show you that the show will never be without it's cute Russian men. Thank god.

Post a Comment

<< Home