Friday, August 25, 2006

This is my llama fence

Today was the last day of sailing this summer. In the morning I helped transport the sabots from the dock to the compound, but was stolen by Jimmy and put into a boat with three girls and Cameron until we got out of the channel. Why they didn't put Paula in is beyond me, because she was volunteering with the Whitesailors and I wasn't. Eventually I was picked up by Matt and Paula, and we were driving around and splashing the White III class. It's the most fun I've had in a zodiac since the first day trip of the summer when I was in Lucy with Max and he waged war against all of the sailboats.

At the barbecue I got cheese on my veggie burger. We gave all of the instructors special, personalized awards, for example, Max received the Human Hazard Award, Jimmy received the Looks Most Like A Carrot Award, Matt received the 2nd Sexiest In Pink Sunglasses Award, and Brent received the Mr Fix-It Award. We made him give a speech, and it was very heart-felt. I'm going to miss him next year. Apparently the new sailing director is a total bitch who is going to hire her own instructors, and not anyone who has actually sailed in the club.

But that's just what I've heard.

We were all upset because the Pants Off was cancelled, due to parents complaining about the name, so we didn't have any of this. We will revive it some day. We have to, or it's back to condiment-eating competitions.

I left soon after, to babysit my cousins. It went better than I thought it would, meaning that I wasn't completely exhausted by the time I left. We watched The Cat in the Hat, and Gar and I had a pillow fight. I'm so happy that Kenny isn't going to be like her sister; having two Garrett's would be horrible. Gar and I took some pictures:

Gary and I


Garrett


Kendall


My parents dropped by after a while, not having seen the cousins since Kenny's first birthday in March.

Auntie came home eventually, and we picked up Erin from PoCo Station and went home. I watched my dances last year, which reminded me that I have to find a piece of music to dance to next year. That's the good thing about solos and duos is that you have a huge say in which song you will get to listen to over and over again for ten months. That's is what I'm doing now. Unfortunately the amount of jazz music on my computer is severely lacking. However, I think that I have two possible choices. I'll just have to see what Donna comes up with. Maybe I have to dig up my Herbie Hancock again. Call It '95 was a good number.

I'm making myself wake up somewhat early tomorrow, so I am going to bed now.

Post a Comment

<< Home